Based on HEDIS® 2016, Senior Preferred's MN HMO performs above the 90th percentile for many measures, such as:
- Breast Cancer Screening. The percentage of women between 50-74 years of age who had a mammogram to screen for breast cancer.
- Diabetic nephropathy care. The percentage of members 18-75 years of age with diabetes (type 1 and type 2) who have received testing or medical attention for nephropathy.
- Osteoporosis testing in older women. The percentage of Medicare women 65-85 years of age who report ever having received a bone density test to check for osteoporosis.
In addition, we are working to improve measures, including:
- Colorectal cancer screening. The percentage of members 50-75 years of age who had appropriate screening for colorectal cancer.
- Controlling high blood pressure. The percentage of members 18-85 years of age who had a diagnosis of high blood pressure and whose blood pressure was controlled (less than 140/90).
- Diabetic eye exams. The percentage of individuals with diabetes who had a retinal or dilated eye examination.
For a more detailed overview of all quality measures or for a copy of our program evaluation or description, please contact Senior Preferred Quality Management at (800) 394-5566.
The source for data contained in this article is Quality Compass® 2016. Quality Compass® and HEDIS® are registered trademarks of the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
This web page was updated on October 1, 2018.