This is the list of prescription drugs covered by Elite D and Value D.
A Formulary is a list of covered drugs. Select a link below to view the Formulary and search for a drug.
- 2018 Part D Drug Formulary
- 2019 Part D Drug Formulary (Online Searchable)
- 2019 Part D Drug Formulary (Print File)
- 2019 Prior Authorization Criteria
- 2019 Step Therapy Criteria
- Coverage Determination Form
Within the Formulary, you will see which drugs may have special requirements including:
- Prior Authorization - You or your physician are required to get approval before you can fill a prescription for the drug.
- Step Therapy - You are required to try certain drugs to treat your health condition before Senior Preferred will cover another drug for that condition.
- Quantity Limits - There is a limit on the amount of this drug that is covered per prescription, or within a specific timeframe.
These drugs are selected by Senior Preferred in consultation with the Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee, a team of health care providers. This list represents the prescription therapies believed to be a necessary part of a quality treatment program. Senior Preferred will generally cover the drugs listed in our Formulary as long as the drug is medically necessary, the prescription is filled at a Senior Preferred network pharmacy, and other plan rules are followed. For more information on how to fill your prescriptions, please review your Evidence of Coverage (EOC). You can view your plan documents, including the EOC, here.
Brand and Generic Drugs
Senior Preferred covers both brand name drugs and generic drugs within the Formulary. Generic drugs have the same active-ingredient formula as a brand name drug. Generic drugs usually cost less than brand name drugs and are rated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand name drugs.
Updating the Formulary
Formulary development and maintenance is an ongoing process. The P&T Committee regularly reviews new and existing medications to ensure the formulary remains responsive to the needs of our members and providers. The Formulary is updated periodically and changes are able to be seen by clicking on the Part D Drug Formulary link above.