You may have free access to personal pharmacists through OutcomesMTM™*. These personal pharmacists get special training to help you save money and get the best results from your medicine.
You have free access to OutcomesMTM if you have all of the below –
- Your total drug cost is more than $4,044 a year
- You have 2 or more chronic diseases
- You take 6 or more medications for your chronic diseases
Senior Preferred will contact you if you qualify.
What is a chronic disease?
A chronic disease is an illness that lasts at least one year. It requires ongoing medical care or limits activities of daily living or both. Examples of chronic diseases are heart disease, cancer and diabetes. There are many other chronic diseases.
How does OutcomesMTM work?
MTM offers the following services –
Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR):
A CMR is a meeting with your personal pharmacist. This can be face-to-face or by phone. Together, you'll review all your medicines. It usually takes about 30 minutes.
The pharmacist will find any problems with your medications.
Common problems are:
- having two pill that do the same thing
- taking medicines that should not be used together
The pharmacist will set up a schedule for your medicine. After you finish the CMR, you will get -
- a Medication Action Plan
- Personal Medication List
Your OutcomesMTM Pharmacist will work with you and your doctor(s) to fix any problems with your medications. This usually takes 5 to 15 minutes.
Medication Adherence Guidance:
Your OutcomesMTM Pharmacist will follow up with you. Sometimes people have trouble taking their medicine. If you are having trouble, the pharmacist will talk about how to make it easier to take your medicine. The pharmacist will also ask you if the medication is working well. This visit or call should take 5 to 15 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get in touch with an OutcomesMTM pharmacist?
If you qualify for MTM services, you'll get a letter from Senior Preferred. Then, your Personal Pharmacist may also contact you face-to-face or via phone.
- At least four times a year, we check members' medication history. Members who qualify for MTM Outcomes are invited to participate.
- The MTM program is voluntary. If you are invited to use MTM Outcomes but don't want to participate, please contact Customer Service.
Where can I find a blank copy of the Personal Medication List?
- Here is a copy of the Personal Medication List.
Are all pharmacists in the Senior Preferred network also OutcomesMTM Pharmacists?
- No. OutcomesMTM Pharmacists have finished a special training course to provide these extra services. This course is open to any pharmacist. Ask your regular pharmacist if they participate.
Can I use my regular pharmacy and still visit an OutcomesMTM Pharmacist too?
- Yes. You may continue to use any Senior Preferred participating pharmacy for your prescriptions.
Will I pay additional costs for using an OutcomesMTM Pharmacist?
- No. These services are offered at no additional cost.
Do I need an OutcomesMTM Pharmacist?
- OutcomesMTM Pharmacists can benefit all members. However, members with diabetes, high blood pressure, or other conditions will get more benefit and the service will be of no cost to members who qualify.
Can an OutcomesMTM Pharmacist save me money?
- Yes. Similar medications can have large cost differences. Your OutcomesMTM Pharmacist can help you find the cheapest, most effective medications.
Will my doctor know if any changes need to be made to my prescriptions?
- Yes. Your OutcomesMTM Pharmacist may make recommendations to you and your doctor(s) – but only your doctor can change your prescription.
Will I be required to use an OutcomesMTM Pharmacist?
- No. Your OutcomesMTM Pharmacist is an added service for members. They are there to help, but you are not required to use them.
How do I get started?
- Ask your pharmacy if they participate with OutcomesMTM or contact Customer Service to find an OutcomesMTM Pharmacist in your area to schedule your Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR).
* Senior Preferred contracts with OutcomesMTMTM, a Cardinal Health company, to offer Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services to Senior Preferred members.
This web page was updated on October 1, 2019.