Quartz Medicare Advantage (HMO) is a Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan administered by Quartz Health Plan Corporation and Quartz Health Plan MN Corporation. Quartz Medicare Advantage (HMO) has been serving Medicare beneficiaries in our growing service area for 20 years.
- In 2019, Senior Preferred's legal names changed from Gundersen Health Plan and Gundersen Health Plan Minnesota to Quartz Health Plan Corporation and Quartz Health Plan MN Corporation (Quartz).
- In 2019, we began offering Senior Preferred to residents of Winnebago County in northern Illinois. Residents have access to the doctors and specialists of SwedishAmerican, a division of UW Health. Every day, dozens of specialists from UW Health serve patients in Rockford and work alongside the region's most preferred doctors at SwedishAmerican.
- In 2018, Senior Preferred expanded into 10 additional counties in Iowa and Wisconsin.
- In 2017, we began serving residents of Dane and Waukesha counties through close partnerships with UW Health and ProHealth Care.
- In 2013, we opened up Senior Preferred to residents in select Minnesota counties.
- In 2012, Senior Preferred began serving residents of northeast Iowa.
- In 2006, Senior Preferred added a Part D (prescription drug) benefit option.
- In 1999, Gundersen Health Plan (now Quartz Health Plan Corporation) received approval from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to provide Senior Preferred to residents southwest Wisconsin counties.
To learn more about our specific service areas and plan options, please return to the home page and select a county of residence, or contact us.
We are a nationally recognized, provider-sponsored health plan. We create value and earn trust by providing outstanding experiences and access to innovative, high-quality and affordable health insurance solutions.
We will transform healthcare locally and nationally by working with our customers and partners to promote the health and well-being of the people in the communities we serve.
In order to fulfill our mission and vision, Senior Preferred has close partnerships with the following health systems –
Gundersen Health System®
Gundersen Health System is a comprehensive healthcare network including one of the nation's largest multi-specialty group medical practices. Gundersen is a teaching hospital with regional community clinics, affiliate hospitals and clinics, inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, vision centers, pharmacies and air and ground ambulances. This physician-led, not-for profit healthcare system cares for more than 1 million patients a year in western Wisconsin, northeastern Iowa and southeastern Minnesota, across 19 counties. It is comprised of more than 850 medical, dental and associate staff, supported by a staff of more than 6,700.
ProHealth Care is an integrated health care system serving Waukesha County, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities. The not-for-profit organization has been the health care leader in its service area for more than a century. ProHealth Care offers a network of more than 700 physicians. Together they work in innovative ways to deliver excellent care and an outstanding patient experience. ProHealth’s hallmark services include cancer, heart and vascular care and orthopedics. The system includes a tertiary care hospital, an acute care hospital and a rehabilitation hospital. In addition, 12 primary care and specialty clinics offer convenient, accessible care. Seven urgent care locations extend the reach of the clinics, offering early morning, evening and weekend hours. Home care services, a residential hospice, a fitness center and three senior living facilities round out the system. As ProHealth Care looks to the future, it continues to work to find new and better ways to deliver care and meet community needs.
For more than a century, SwedishAmerican has cared for the community and the great people who live in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. SwedishAmerican is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep patients well. As a division of UW Health, patients have local access to many world-class specialists right in Rockford. SwedishAmerican facilities include the only heart hospital in the region, the largest regional cancer center, a network of primary care, immediate care, and multi-specialty clinics, a home healthcare agency, an acute care hospital, a medical center in Belvidere, and a full spectrum of outpatient, wellness and education programs.
UW Health is the integrated health system of the University of Wisconsin-Madison serving more than 600,000 patients each year in the Upper Midwest and beyond with approximately 1,500 physicians and 16,500 staff at six hospitals and more than UW Health is a nationally recognized regional health system that includes:
University Hospital, a 505-bed regional referral center that is home to a Level One adult and pediatric trauma center, American College of Surgeons-verified Burn Center, one of the nation's largest organ transplant programs, one of the nation's first certified comprehensive stroke centers and the UW Carbone Cancer Center, one of 41 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive centers in the country.
- UW Health at The American Center, a 56-bed, community-based health and wellness facility
- American Family Children's Hospital, a nationally-ranked, 111-bed facility with pediatric and surgical neonatal intensive care unit
- UnityPoint Health-Meriter, a 448-bed community-based hospital providing a complete range of medical and surgical services for residents of Dane county and surrounding communities. Learn more about the UW Health and UnityPoint Health-Meriter Partnership
- UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital, a 50-bed, post-acute inpatient rehabilitation facility
A regional division that extends to Rockford, Illinois, and includes the 333-bed SwedishAmerican Hospital, an associated 34-bed inpatient/outpatient medical center in Belvidere, Illinois, and regional cancer center in Rockford.
Five regional cancer centers:
- Beloit Hospital (Beloit, Wis.)
- SwedishAmerican Hospital (Rockford, Ill.)
- UW Cancer Center at ProHealth Care (Pewaukee, Wis.)
- UW Cancer Center Johnson Creek (Johnson Creek, Wis.)
- Aspirus UW Cancer Center (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.)
Regional outreach clinics in approximately 65 locations.